Your privacy is very important to us. At Rtangent, we have a few guiding principles:
- We seek to minimize the amount of personal information that we collect in order to realize the successful operation of our services.
- We want to improve our services by understanding how they are used and be able to debug problems when they are encountered on the platform.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share information even if it is not perceived to be personal information.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We do not support advertising nor pass data onto other services for advertising.
Who we are and what this policy covers
We’re Rtangent, developer and provider of the Guided™ platform. Guided™ is designed to host live and self-service 360 virtual tours that are developed in collaboration with our customers.
Information we collect
Live-Guided session access
- The presence of a unique connected device during a live-Guided session, for counting connected devices.
For Self-Service-Guided access
- Unless you opt out, we use Google Analytics to collect information such as your anonymized IP address, type of device, operating system, referring URLs, and date and time of page visits
- Both types: Our server logs information about platform “exceptions” such as pages failing to load or other unexpected behaviors
How and Why We Use This Information
- The collected information allows us to count our audience size, see the overall patterns of usage on the site, help us record any difficulties you have with the site
- We want to promote to other potential customers, for example, in our marketing, statistics about how Guided is servicing our current customers.
- We sometimes need to debug problems with our services, which requires monitoring the operation of the site, isolating faults, repairing, and preventing future occurrences.
We only share information captured in aggregate.
- We use information to produce reports to our hosted customers about their tours.
- We report aggregate metrics such as number of users per tour and geographic origin to quantify the effectiveness and reach.
- We do not share information with advertisers – our use of Google Analytics is not exported to other Google services or shared with other Google properties
Things We Do Not Share
- We do not use analytics for advertising nor share with Google for advertising
- We do not collect login (email) or related personal information from our site visitors
How Long We Keep Information
- We retain records of web access until (a) aggregate reports are generated on a monthly basis and (b) detailed data are no longer required to for debugging and/or isolating faults in the operation of the platform.
- Not more than 2 months, purged automatically by Google Analytics
- Collected data are secured by the Google Analytics platform accessible by limited role-based access and secured with 2-factor authentication.
- Detailed collected data are not saved outside of Google Analytics and remain on server until purged.
Because we collect so little personal information, your options for using our site are relatively simple. You can:
- Use the Live-Guided session which only collects user counts
- Opt out of our use of Google Analytics for Self-Service-Guided sessions
- Reject Google Analytics cookies on your browser using settings or a plug-in
- Not use our platform and site
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA)
- For audiences under age 13 (or 16 in Europe): Live-Guided sessions collect no COPPA-defined personal information from users.
- For general audiences: Self-Serve-Guided sessions collect information for understanding browsing behavior (described in “information we collect”) using Google Analytics.
- For Self-Serve-Guided sessions, parents wishing to opt out of Google Analytics on the site should select this option when accepting cookie use, or disable the use of Google Analytics on the browser.
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 (or 16 in Europe).
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- You can opt out of using Google Analytics, in which case we collect no information via Google Analytics
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The CCPA requires disclosure of categories of personal information we collect, where we get the information, and how and why we use it. We collect:
- Anonymized IP address, time of access, web browser, operating system, pages visited
- These data are collected via Google Analytics and used for reporting on use in aggregate and for maintaining the successful operation of the site as described earlier in this document.
- You may opt out of data collection (cookies option) or request data deletion. If you wish to expunge this information, you can request data deletion by contacting us. In any case, all collected data are deleted after 2 months
Virtual tours hosted by the Guided™ platform may contain links to external websites operated by other organizations. Rtangent is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and encourages you to read the privacy policies of these websites as their privacy policies may differ from ours.
Rtangent may revise this policy at any time, without notice. The current version of this policy is dated March 18, 2022.
How to reach us